Customized consulting – Monitoring training effectiveness
Objectives of the project:
The project was based on an internal organizational decision to improve the quality of the Training Function service and the effectiveness of a high level strategic training program through the measurement of key performance indicators.
Phases of the project:
- feasibility study;
- communication plan for all people involved (participants and their supervisors, training providers, internal organizational stakeholders);
- analysis of training and coaching in the program together with each provider in order to design monitoring tools (satisfaction, learning pre and post training, individual action plan, and follow-up questionnaire to evaluate results to obtained at organizational level);
- implementation of the monitoring system;
- data collection and analysis;
- presentation of the results.
- empowerment of the participants in their own professional development;
- more involvement and responsibility of the training providers and the participants’ supervisors;
- evaluation of the effectiveness of the training providers;
- continuous improvement of the training;
- recognition by the organization of the value the training provided through concrete and objective measurement of its impact.
For more information:
- Articles about the project written by the client (Laura Pampuro – People and Organization, Training and Knowledge Management):
- Presentation of the project and client testimonial during the event “Make training strategic demonstrating its impact” sponsored by APCO (Professional Association Management Consultants) held in Milan on January, 19th 2011